Today is world vegan chocolate day and we are celebrating by giving you one of our best recipes yet! This is honestly so delicious you won't regret giving it a try. This delicious pudding is VEGAN + dairy, nut, peanut and gluten free but you wouldn't know. The recipe takes a long time because of the setting times but it's really simple to do. For the chocolate we used our Orange chocolate bar's to make it a Chocolate Orange Cream Pie - but you can use any flavour you prefer. Here's what you'll need:
For the base:
20x gluten free digestives
1/2 Cocoa Libre 85g bar (whatever flavour you prefer)
75g dairy free butter - melted
For the filling:
2x Cocoa Libre 85g Bars (same flavour used for the base)
120ml dairy free milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
240ml coconut yoghurt
For the topping:
250ml dairy free double cream*
1 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
Extra chocolate for decoration
- Blend the biscuit to a fine crumb and mix in the melted butter.
- Melt the 1/2 bar of chocolate and mix thoroughly with the biscuit crumbs. Use this to cover the base and sides of your pie dish. Put aside in the fridge to set.
- Chop up the rest of the chocolate very finely so it melts quickly and place in a glass bowl.
- In a saucepan bring the milk to a boil, once boiled pour into the bowl of chopped chocolate and stir in until it becomes a ganache.
- Add the maple syrup and stir again. Gently fold in the coconut yoghurt. Once fully combined retrieve the biscuit base and pour the chocolate mixture over. Put back in the fridge to set for about two hours.
- In a bowl use an electric whisk to whip up the cream until it makes peaks. Once the chocolate mixture is set, spread over the whipped cream. Grate the final bit of chocolate over the pie for decoration. Alternatively you could use any kind of sprinkles depending on preference.
*we used OATLY whipping cream, it works so well!