This delicious cheesecake is free from dairy, gluten and nuts and is such a crowd pleaser for an Easter celebration. You can use whatever flavour chocolate you like for the chocolate part of the pudding depending on preference. I used salted caramel slabs and it was really delicious!..
This is what you'll need:
|2 x packets of gluten free digestives
|90g dairy free butter (I used plant based flora)
|1 packet of our Mini Foiled eggs
|400g dairy free cream-cheese
|100g icing sugar
|1 tsp vanilla extract
|400ml dairy free cream
|100g Cocoa Libre chocolate
To make the base:
- Line a 20cm deep springform tin with baking paper. Either crush the biscuits in a food bag or blitz in a food processor to create fine crumb. Add the melted butter and mix, then add to the tin. Make an even layer and press into the tin for a smooth base. Place into the fridge while you do the next steps.
To make the filling:
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar until combined. In a separate bowl whisk the cream until it can form stiff peaks (you'll probably want an electric whisk for this). When the cream is fully whipped gently fold into the cream cheese and icing mixture. Chop up around half of the pack of the mini half eggs and also add to the mixture.
- Melt the 100g of chocolate, either using the ban Marie technique or a microwave. Split the cheesecake mixture in half, add the vanilla to one and gently fold the melted chocolate into the other - be carful not to over mix them! You can always add some cocoa powder if you want a more dramatic colour difference.
- Grab the base that should now be quite firm and spoon in the cheesecake mixtures, do it one spoonful at a time and alternate between the vanilla and the chocolate. Be carful not to mix the two colours as you'll loose the marble effect.
- When you have used all the mixtures, get a skewer/cocktail stick and gently swirl the top of the cheesecake to get a pretty marble effect. Then add the remaining mini half eggs however you wish as your final decoration. Put in the fridge for a minimum of four hours - for the best results, chill overnight.