VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE RASPBERRY CHOC CHEESECAKE
Try this super easy vegan and gluten free cheesecake, it looks great and tastes even better!! The perfect dessert for an outside gathering - you can even adjust the recipe to make 4 mini cheesecakes ideal for social distancing. Try it yourself and show us your creations using #cocoalibrechocolate.
For the base:
- 160g Gluten Free Digestive Biscuit
- 75g Plant Based Butter
For the Filling:
- 400g Dairy Free Cream cheese
- 160ml Dairy free yogurt
- 80g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Dark Chocolate and Raspberry pieces
- To make the base of the cheesecake put all the biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin. If you have a processor you can blend them into a fine crumb.
- Melt your butter so it is runny and mix together with the crumbs in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into your cake tin and press down so it covers the whole base and is smooth. Put in the freezer to harden while you make the filling.
- To start making the filling put the diary free cream cheese and dairy free yoghurt in a bowl and whisk, to save time use an electric whisk if you have one.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix through again with the whisk.
- Weigh out 50g of the Raspberry pieces and melt (I used the microwave heated for 1 min). Once melted mix into the filing mixture.
- Remove base from freezer and pour the filling on top of the base spreading it evenly. Then put in the fridge overnight to set or put in the freezer for a few hours until filling seems firm.
- Once the cheesecake is set, decorate with the rest of the chocolate how you wish. I did a combinations of chopping the pieces up and grating them over the dessert.