Mint Choc Chip Birthday Cake
Try the recipe for this really easy Vegan and Free From Dark Mint Chocolate Cake!
Here's another really easy recipe idea to keep impressing your friends and family with. This cake is so versatile, you can use it with any of our slabs depending on your favourite flavour but we wanted to make something a bit different using our Mint Crunch Slabs. A mint chocolate cake might sound a little strange but it really worked! And it tasted delicious!!
355g Gluten Free Flour
1 Melted Cocoa Libre 100g Slab
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Xantham Gum
1 tsp Salt
120ml Sunflower Oil
120ml Dairy Free Yoghurt
150 ml Dairy Free Milk
For the topping:
2 more Cocoa Libre 100g Slabs
2 tbsp Hot Water
2tbsp Dairy Free Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C Fan and line a 20cm cake tin with some dairy free butter.
2.Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the melted chocolate and stir thoroughly.
3. Stir in the sunflower oil and the yoghurt until the mixture is smooth. Finally gradually mix in the diary free milk.
4. Pour the mixture into your baking tin and bake in the oven for around 35 mins or until you can pull a stick out clean.
5. Once the cake baked and cooled, make a ban Marie and melt 1 of the slabs with the butter stirring continuously. Once everything is melted add the water and stir until smooth.
6. Pour the topping over the cake starting in the middle and working you way out, use a spatula to smooth out if needed.
7. Chop the final slab into small shards and use to decorate the cake, place around how you wish, we put the shards around the edge of the cake so we had space for candles in the middle.